Full time & Permanent
The Information and Systems team require a seasoned Windows Systems Administrator to assist us with improving standardisation and stability within the corporate network.
The role will be based in Marlow, with frequent visits to our office and distribution facilities in Silverstone.
Reporting into the Head of Information & Systems, this role will focus on Windows technologies that include Office 365 and Azure Active Directory administration. Supporting a user base of c.170 employees, this role will take accountability for the day to day running of the Windows network, including patching, backup, restore, and systems compliance. The role will encompass the administration of our end point device management tools, from autopilot configuration and update through to the continual improvement of our mobile device management strategy.
This role will suit a systems administrator who has experience in Windows System Administration at an SME level, and wants the next step in their career to provide accountability to deliver process improvements in a fast paced and growing organisation. The team is busy, so the ability to prioritise, self-start, and communicate effectively are traits you’ll need to keep us moving inthe right direction. If this sounds like the role for you then we would love to hear from you.
To help us achieve this we need you to:
- Manage corporate domain-wide policies (GPO, 365 Endpoint Manager, Compliance
- Manager) to ensure a stable and supported production domain environment.
- Ad-Hoc user administration and group administration (Distribution groups, Security Groups, O365 Groups, etc.).
- Build and maintain the server roadmap, anticipating OS lifecycle requirements.
- Ensure all Windows servers remain compliant. Build / update OS versions where necessary, in collaboration with other members of the I&S team.
Backup & Restore
- Administration and optimisation of MLL’s backup and restore solution.
- Conduct scheduled data restores to ensure backup integrity.
- Report on a daily and monthly basis on backup processes.
Risk & Compliance
- Keep all Windows servers updated.
- Manage server End Point Protection solutions across the corporate compute estate.
- Manage change and release processes to ensure minimal system downtime.
- Provide monthly reports on information security.
End user deployment
- Build, and maintain automated desktop deployment standards (Microsoft Intune).
- Create and maintain hardware replacement process standards.
- Mobile Device Management
Mobile Device Management
- MDM Administration
- Continually evolve the MDM offering to ensure MLL and employee devices remain compliant, and MLL data is kept safe.
The experience that we would be looking for is:
- 3+ years in a Windows Systems administration role, ideally within an SME.
- Hands-on Azure Active Directory & Office 365 Experience, including Endpoint Manager and Autopilot configuration.
- Windows Server 2012/16/19 Administration.
- VMWare administration.
- Experience in maintaining backup and patching schedules across multiple platforms.
- Full driving licence.
- Microsoft Navision / Dynamics Business Central
- Cherwell IT Service Management
- Microsoft Administrator certifications
- VMWare accreditations
- ITIL certification
At MLL Telecom we feel we have a great business and believe strongly in its potential to make a real mark within the sector. We have great people on board and are recruiting excellent new talent as we grow. Those on board are hungry to make our business a success. We are on an exciting journey and look for a passionate individual to join us in this key role.
We won’t stop there though. Pivotal to the ongoing success of MLL Telecom is our people – our people are fundamental in achieving our objectives. This is why we aim to ensure the best environment to make it easier to do what you do.
The benefits that you would receive are:
- BUPA Healthcare
- 25 days holiday + 8 days bank holidays + holiday buy scheme (purchase up to a weeks extra holiday)
- Flexible working
- Matched Pension contributions
- Dental Care
- Cycle to work scheme & other flexible benefits
To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV via email along with the vacancy you wish to apply for in the subject to email@example.com
Many thanks, The MLL Telecom Talent Team