Ideally East Midlands location, but flexible
The Solutions Architect operates within the Presales Team, working directly with the sales team to support all aspects of the sales process, including designing industry leading solutions, responding to bids, producing proposals, customer designs,leading customer meetings, presentations and workshops. Following a successful customer engagement, a Solutions Architect is responsible for producing the relevant costed designs, customer and handover documentation and successfully handing a solution into the delivery teams.. The documentation will be project specific, but may include HLDs, network diagrams etc. A solution architect needs the necessary technical skills for designing both complex VNO solutions, and regional aggregation/LLU networks and overlay services.
To help us achieve this we need you to:
- Build relationships with internal customers and suppliers such as Sales, Design &Delivery, Operations and Technical teams
- Own technical proposals and responses for assigned customers
- Work with IP Engineering team toon to design new, customer-driven solutions and products
- Work with Project Management to ensure new designs are delivered and meet the customer requirements
- Work with Product Management in driving innovative products that make us appealing to existing and new customers
- Work with Bid Management in creating bid material that scores higher than our competition to ensure our success in public sector.
- Work with sales team to build relationships with assigned new and existing customers
- Understand business and technical requirements for customer, and suggest promote MLL Telecom solutions that are suitable, or where bespoke developments can be used
- Identify where Sspecific partnerssuppliers where required and utilised for assigned customers
- Must be able to articulate technology and solution positioning to both business and technical users.
- Build relationships with external suppliers and partners.
- Must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to inassure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process
- Technical lead for all customer interaction
- Complete understanding of MLL Telecom solutions and where these can be enhanced / tailored for specific customers
- Technical lead for customer driven requirements
- Understand the competitive situation within assigned customers
- Drive customer design based on requirements and cost
- Use MLL Telecom tools for customer design
- Commercial knowledge and development of cost base.
The experience that we would be looking for is:
- Expert in design of networks using multiple wholesale providers & carriers including Openreach
- Thorough understanding of access technologies including: Fibre, EFM, FTTxC & Broadband
- Knowledge of vender hardware solutions (Cisco, Juniper, Huawei, Palo Alto, Fortinet).
- Experience of cloud connectivity
- Thorough understanding of Government Security Standards
- Thorough understanding of Government procurement routes
- Awareness of wholesale carrier market & offerings
- Ethernet switching and associated technologies (e.g.. 802.1p, q, OAM, SPF).
- IP Routing, MPLS (VPN’s), IPSEC, Internet, OSPF, BGP
- Security (Firewalls, IDP/DPI, SSL VPNs,)
- Wi-Fi deployments
- Excellent Microsoft Word and Excel skills
Qualifications (below or equivalent to):
- Ideally educated to degree level in a related subject, or equivalent relevant experience.
At MLL Telecom we feel we have a great business and believe strongly in its potential to make a real mark within the sector. We have great people on board and are recruiting excellent new talent as we grow. Those on board are hungry to make our business a success. We are on an exciting journey and look for a passionate individual to join us in the key role of Senior Project Manager.
To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV via email along with the vacancy you wish to apply for in the subject to email@example.com.
Many thanks, The MLL Telecom Talent Team