Home based, customer meetings, with visits to MLL Head office in Marlow
The Security Solutions Architect operates jointly within the Public Sector Product Management and Presales Teams, working directly with the sales team to support all aspects of the sales process, including designing industry leading solutions, responding to bids, producing proposals, leading customer meetings, presentations and workshops. Following a successful customer engagement, a Solutions Architect is responsible for producing costed designs, customer handover documentation and successfully handing a solution into the delivery teams. The documentation will be project specific, but may include HLDs, network diagrams etc. A solution architect needs the necessary technical skills for designing bespoke Next Gen Security solutions, both CPE based and cloud/hosted. Solutions may be customer managed, co-managed or fully managed.
There will be a requirement to develop written product material for customer tender and RFI/P responses and to assist Product Development in productising solutions.
To help us achieve this we need you to:
- Build relationships with internal customers such as Sales, Delivery, Operations and Technical teams
- Own technical proposals and responses for assigned customers
- Work with IP Engineering team and NOC to design new, customer-driven solutions and products
- Work with Project Management to ensure new designs are delivered and meet the customer requirements
- Work with Product Management in driving scalable, innovative products that make us appealing to existing and new customers.
- Work with Bid Management in creating bid material that scores higher than our competition to ensure our success in public sector.
- Work with sales team to build relationships with new and existing customers
- Understand business and technical requirements for customer, and promote MLL Telecom solutions that can be used
- Understand security recommendations and standards used in the Public Sector, and be able to relate these to specific customer situations
- Identify where specific vendors/partners are required to address customer requirements
- Must be able to articulate technology and solution positioning to both business and technical users.
- Build relationships with external suppliers and partners.
- Must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to insure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process
- Technical Security lead for all product development and customer interaction
- Complete understanding of MLL Telecom solutions and where these can be enhanced / tailored for specific customersUnderstand the competitive situation within assigned customers
- Drive customer design based on requirements and cost
- Use MLL Telecom tools for customer design
- Commercial knowledge and development of cost base
- Ensure internal teams fully understand and support the customer proposition
The experience that we would be looking for is:
- Proven experience in designing Security solutions
- Strong technical design skills in multi-vendor Security solutions.
- Experience in an operational environment and ability to develop processes across a business.
- Worked in a Pre-Sales environment and likes to work in a sales environment
- Ability to work independently
- Naturally takes ownership and leads situations.
- Likes a challenge
- Problem solving & can-do attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight timescales
- Process orientated
- Understanding of the importance to achieve both operational and strategic objectives
Technical Skills & Market knowledge:
- Educated to degree level in related subject, or equivalent relevant experience
- Expert in design of physical and virtualised security solutions
- Up to date on the latest industry and technical trends
- Knowledge of vender security solutions (NG Firewalls, DPI, SSL VPNs, SIEM).
- Experience of security in SDN and cloud
- Thorough understanding of Government Security Standards
- Thorough understanding of Government procurement routes
- Excellent Microsoft Word and Excel skills
At MLL Telecom we feel we have a great business and believe strongly in its potential to make a real mark within the sector. We have great people on board and are recruiting excellent new talent as we grow. Those on board are hungry to make our business a success. We are on an exciting journey and look for a passionate individual to join us in the key role of Senior Project Manager.
To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV via email along with the vacancy you wish to apply for in the subject to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many thanks, The MLL Telecom Talent Team