Full time, Permanent
The Head of Information is responsible for developing and implementing a strategic vision for MLL’s Information and Systems (IaS) that forms an enabler for corporate strategy whist maintaining effective information and systems operations.
To help us in achieving this we need you to:
- The Head of Information reports to the Executive Director Operations, and will build positive relationships and co-ordinate closely with senior stakeholders across the organisation.
- Articulate a vision for IT that will maximize the value of IT to MLL, define the optimum set of services and resources MLL should sustain, define the governance structure for IT, and establish the external relationships that can best advance MLL’s objectives
- Provide strong leadership, collaboratively guiding investment in and support of IT systems and services, to create appropriate, scalable, and sustainable information-systems capabilities
- Serve as a member of MLL’s senior leadership team, advising on matters of information and systems strategy, innovation, security, and investment
- Working with the Group IT to build and operate shared infrastructure, ensure system interoperability & security, and will facilitate IT governance across MLL
- Along with direct responsibility for the resources of MLL’s central IT function as managed by the Group IT, the Head of Information will collaborate with schools and colleges to identify opportunities to enhance MLL’s IT ecosystem
- Represent the company in appropriate national and industry-specific IT-related initiatives and policy discussions, and will play a key role on behalf of the company with vendors and service providers
The experience we would be looking for is:
- The technological demands of the job mean that the Head of Information will have a deep and broad background in technology, including prior hands-on experience in technology roles
- Given governance aspects of the role, the Head of Information will have a demonstrable understanding of domain-specific management standards for Enterprise Architecture and Service Management
- The Head of Information must have a thorough understanding of the principles of business administration
- Prior experience in telecommunications and/or IT engineering sectors would be an advantage
- Degree in science, engineering, computing or mathematics, ideally to postgraduate level or equivalent
- Formal qualifications in domain-specific management standards, including Enterprise Architecture (TOGAF or equivalent) and Service Management (ITIL or equivalents)
- An MBA or equivalent degree in business administration
- Previous exposure to systems (Zoho, Cherwell, Dynamics NAV, ADP iHCM) and technologies (SQL Server, Exchange Server, Office365, Windows) used at MLL
- A background in software development would be an advantage
We are on a real growth journey and as such are onboarding great talent to join our highly motivated and driven teams. This key role will play a pivotal role in driving systems and process efficiency, in guaranteeing further success for MLL Telecom.
We won’t stop there though. The secret to our ongoing success o is our people – This is why we aim to ensure the best environment to make it easier to do what you do.
Our benefits package includes matched pension contribution / 25 days holiday (pro-rata) + (plus 8 days BH) and holiday buy scheme / Healthcare / Dental care / Gymflex / Ride to work scheme and others.