South of England, with flexibility to work from home and occasional visits to MLL Head office in Marlow
The purpose of this role is to drive business growth for MLL in the public sector across the South of England in line with company objectives and agreed targets.
MLL has a growing reputation in the region based on recently awarded contracts with Local Authorities and the NHS including a significant framework contract which is open to new stakeholders.
The MLL core proposition is based on a wide range of network connectivity services from dark fibre through exchange based local access to microwave services with a range of supplemental value-add offers covering LAN and WiFi, voice and collaboration, applications and hosting and security services.
The role will include expanding the number of public sector stakeholders across the South of England, selling services across the MLL portfolio and developing and maintaining excellent customer relationships. This includes, but is not limited to, Local Authorities, Schools, NHS, Emergency Services and third sector organisations.
The Business Development Director will be required to lead teams including Solution Architects, Bid Managers and Pre Sales Project and Service experts through complex bid processes and work collaboratively with the Product, Marketing and Finance functions within MLL to ensure winning solutions and bids are submitted in line with public sector procurement processes.
To help us achieve this we need you to:
- Achieving agreed Sales Order Values (SOV) and Gross Margin (GM) targets within the agreed target market in the South of England
- Identify new customers and opportunities in the region and develop relationships and trust at senior executive levels
- Own and develop a strategic business development plan in line with company agreed targets and objectives that includes a comprehensive stakeholder engagement plan
- Develop a sales pipeline covering both existing core MLL managed connectivity services and new product sets within the MLL portfolio
- Ensure opportunities are qualified and all bid responses and quotations are executed successfully through the MLL sales process
- Monitor and regularly report on development activity and progress on pipeline through the myMLL CRM tool
- Lead and inspire bid teams through complex, formal procurement processes including generating win strategies, demonstrating thought leadership and ensuring the highest quality of any bid submissions. This includes liaising with key partners and suppliers to ensure they work within the bid framework and timelines.
- Lead on the production of clear business cases to justify sales investment and progress through formal financial sign off and governance process when necessary for complex opportunities
- Own, build and develop relationships within the regional industry and market for long term mutual benefit
- Generate increased value from new and existing customers relationships by driving innovative solutions either from existing products and services or through new value add services to meet customer business needs
- Develop a marketing strategy that supports and increases MLL’s external presence, MLL’s service offerings and promotes the MLL brand within the region
The experience that we would be looking for is:
- Proven track record of high achievement in a quota carrying sales role, preferably within the UK Public Sector
- At least 5-years’ experience of selling telecoms or technology solutions. Experience of connectivity solutions is particularly relevant
- Sound knowledge of sales and business development processes and sales methods/approaches
- Relationship manager with strong stakeholder skills, able to operate confidently at all levels with resilience and adaptability
- A team leader who can get the best out of the resources available, make sound structured decisions and follow through on actions
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good excel skills, accounting and reporting capability
- Ability to work independently
This key role will play a huge part in guaranteeing future success for MLL Telecom. In return, this will give you the platform to enhance your career within one of the leading cross technology Network Integrators.
At MLL Telecom we feel we have a great business and believe strongly in its potential to make a real mark within the sector. We have great people on board and are recruiting excellent new talent as we grow. Those on board are hungry to make our business a success. We are on an exciting journey and look for a passionate individual to join us in the key role of Client Director.
To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV via email along with the vacancy you wish to apply for in the subject to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many thanks, The MLL Telecom Talent Team